Soy Sauce Fish
This is the tips for cooking soy sauce fish. This recipe is from Malaysia. My grandmother has just taught me this morning how to cook the soy sauce fish. This is my first attempt cooking the soy sauce fish according to the recipe. You can try it at home too...
How to cook soy sauce fish for 4 persons
1 big onion
5 cloves garlic
1 small bowl of soy sauce
Quarter of ginger
2 small bowl of tamarind juice
( squeezed the tamarind with little water to get its juice)
1 big fish being chopped into 4
1 spoon of sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
5 star anise
2 red chillies
10 chilli paddy
1 teaspoon of white pepper
2 spoon of turmeric
1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Wash the fish with tamarind juice.
- Mix the fish with turmeric and salt
- Then, fry the fish that has been mix with the turmeric and salt.
- Then, toss the fish from the pans after it is cooked
- Mince the 5 cloves of garlic, 1 big onion, 10 chilli paddy, quarter of ginger, 2 cinnamon sticks, and 5 star anise
- 2 red chillies are being cut in the middle.
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper is being grind with the mortar
- Fry all the ingredients in STEP 2 until the onions and garlic becomes yellowish and the nice smell come up
-Then, insert the soy sauce. When the soy sauce is boiled already, then insert 1 small bowl of tamarind juice and 1 spoon of sugar
-After that, let it being boiled for 3 - 5 minutes
- Then, insert the condiments ( ajinomoto)
-Lastly, insert the fried fish, then let it be for 3 minutes in medium heat.
-Then, it can be serve already...